Last Year’s Winner:
Acquirers, Payment Gateways, PayFacs, ISOs, Processors, device manufacturers, ISVs, and other types of merchant service providers, including PayTech and FinTech companies. Merchants may also enter this category.
The Most Innovative Merchant Services Solution is open to any provider of payment related services to merchants, irrespective of the geographic region,
merchant size or market sector. This category covers all types of payment methods offered by merchants to their customers including card based, mobile, digital, wallet and bank account-based payments. Solutions may apply to single merchant sales channel or form part of an Omni channel service offering. Entries
from merchant acquirers and intermediaries such as payment gateways, PayFacs, ISOs are all welcomed as well as from ISVs, device manufacturers and other
types of PayTech and FinTech company. The merchant services may be marketed to individual merchants,
to a group of merchants or even delivered as a white label service. The description merchant is very broad and includes retailer, hospitality brand and many other types of businesses. The merchant service is not constrained by type, currency, value, technology or scheme and can be B2C or B2B. It may be a payments acceptance service or another form of payments service delivered to a merchant. Merchants may also submit entries for innovative payment services they have introduced. We expect to see examples of a very wide range of merchant services.
The solution may be running in any country, but more weight will be applied where there is adoption in multiple countries.
Please provide the following information:
Nominee & nominator
- Name of nominating organisation
- Merchant Services provider name (entry title)
- Name(s) of nominated organisation(s)
- The nature of the business relationship between you as nominator and the nominee company
The judges will assess your entry against the following five criteria. On each, they will score you from 1 to 10 where 1 is strongly disagree and 10 is strongly agree. You are free to describe the merchant service and support your case in any way and with any supporting material as you think appropriate. Please limit your submission to no more than 1,500 words in total.
The criteria are:
- The payment service provides significant benefit/value to the merchant.
- The solution has helped the merchant serve their end customers better.
- How the solution offered was either fundamental to a single merchant or helped a wide range of companies to achieve their business objectives.
- The solution has performed well and the submission is supported with quantitative evidence of success from a reliable source.
- The solution stands out from its competition either through performance, innovation, value to stakeholders or other means as described in the submission.
Evidence of success/metrics
Please provide as much information as you can and quote the source of that information. Such information might include the following; however, this is not an exhaustive list and in each case the judges will be looking for evidence that supports your claims as to the key benefits/value achieved:
- The length of time the merchant service has been live
- The number of unique transactions to the year of March 2021
- Growth in use, both historical and extrapolated projections
- Feedback from merchants as to their experience.