Last Year’s Winner
Brands, PMs, Banks, Telcos, Schemes, Technology providers
Best Lending Initiative in Payments is open to any company that uses credit, whether to a business or a consumer to fund a payment transaction. The loan may be secured, or unsecured for a fixed or variable term including revolving. Instalment payments, point of sale lending, pay day lending, salary lending, pay as earn solutions would all be considered a form of loan and applicable to this category. The credit may be loaded via a payment card to a recipient, or into an account, or paid direct to a merchant. To be clear credit cards are included in this category. The organisation may operate in any country. All submissions must be live and out of test phase at the time of submission. Pilot programmes will be accepted but must clearly be described as such and the judges will be looking for evidence of success in the pilot. The Initiatives may be running in any country. All submissions must be live and out of test phase at the time of submission. Pilot programmes will be accepted but must clearly be described as such and the judges will be looking for evidence of success in the pilot.
Nominee & nominator
- Name of nominating organisation
- Initiative name (entry title)
- Name(s) of nominated organisation(s)
- The nature of the business relationship between you as nominator and the nominee company
The judges will assess your entry against the following five criteria. On each, they will score you from 1 to 10 where 1 is strongly disagree and 10 is strongly agree. You are free to describe the programme and support your case in any way and with any supporting material as you think appropriate. Please limit your submission to no more than 1,500 words. The criteria are:
- How the use of lending has created the best possible payment solution.
- How the solution offered stands out from their competition.
- How the solution offered was either fundamental to individuals or organisations in the market or helped a wide range of companies to achieve their business objectives.
- The payment solution has leveraged brand, channels or other capabilities and technologies to deliver innovative solutions to specific problems or opportunities.
- How the loan provider had clear objectives of what it was looking to achieve and can demonstrate clearly how this was achieved by providing credit to enable payments in the year to March 2021.
Evidence of success/metrics
Please provide as much information as you can and quote the source of that information. Such information might include the following; however, this is not an exhaustive list and in each case the judges will be looking for evidence that support your claims as to the key benefits of the programme:
- Evidence of the successful delivery of valued solution over time
- Evidence of tailoring products and services and the results of that investment
- Feedback from users or another stakeholder