Last Year’s Winner:
Emerging Payments companies.
Leading Emerging Payments Organisation is open to organisations that provide payment services either to multiple companies or their customer base in a way that serves as an exemplar to the emerging payments industry. Judges are looking for organisations that have delivered this exemplar service over a number of years. The judges are particularly interested in how in these times of significant regulatory change, organisations have adapted and/or supported PSD2 and/or GDPR.
The organisation may operate in any country.
Please provide the following information:
Nominee & nominator
- Name of nominating organisation
- Name of nominated organisation
- The nature of the business relationship between you as nominator and the nominee company
The judges will assess your entry against the following four simple criteria. On each, they will score you from 1 to 10 where 1 is strongly disagree and 10 is strongly agree. You are free to describe the programme and support your case in any way and with any supporting material as you think appropriate. Please limit your submission to no more than 1,500 words. The criteria are:
- A service is being delivered that enhances the commercial success of its clients/adds value to its clients’ businesses consistently over time and in the last 12 months have been exemplar in its offering.
- The company shows a clear understanding of the emerging payments industry and the challenges faced by its clients, and has proven to add value to those clients.
- The company has specifically tailored their products and services to the needs of clients in the payments industry.
- How has the organisation adapted, and/or supported either GDPR or PSD2 changes facing the industry.
Evidence of success/metrics
Please provide as much information as you can and quote the source of that information. Such information might include the following; however, this is not an exhaustive list and in each case the judges will be looking for evidence that support your claims as to the key benefits of the programme:
- Evidence of the successful delivery of valued services over time
- Evidence of investment in tailoring products and services to the payments industry and the results of that investment
- Feedback from end users (these may be corporate or consumer) as to their experience.