Last Year’s Winner
Financial services or Start-up companies, operating within the Financial services/technology sector, founded less than 36 months ago.
Leading Financial Services or Payments Start-Up is open to any organisation operating in the emerging payments sector. The category normally covers new organisations or new divisions of existing organisations that have launched in the thirty-six months prior to March 2021 i.e., started after 1st September 2019. Any organisation that can demonstrate a significant pivot of their business within the last 36 months will also be considered as an exception. The product/service/ technology must be live and out of test phase at the time of submission. Pilots of the technology will be accepted, but must clearly be described as such and the judges will be looking for evidence of success in the pilot.
The organisation might be described as ‘one to watch’ in 2021/22.
Please provide the following information:
Nominee & nominator
- Name of nominating organisation
- Name of nominated organisation
- The nature of the business relationship between you as nominator and the nominee company
The judges will assess your entry against the following five criteria. On each, they will score you from 1 to 10 where 1 is strongly disagree and 10 is strongly agree. You are free to describe the programme and support your case in any way and with any supporting material as you think appropriate. Please limit your submission to no more than 1,500 words. The criteria are:
- The organisations product or service provides benefit/value to the end users of it.
- The organisation delivers an innovative solution to a specific problem or set of problems in Financial Services or Payments.
- The programme has performed/is performing well and the submission is supported with quantitative evidence of success from a reliable source.
- The organisation stands out from its competition either through performance, innovation, value to stakeholders or other means as described in the submission.
Evidence of success/metrics
Please provide as much information as you can and quote the source of that information. Such information might include the following; however, this is not an exhaustive list and in each case the judges will be looking for evidence that support your claims as to the key benefits of the programme:
- The length of time the organisation has been operating
- Numbers around usage and adoption of the service or product the start-up offers up until March 2021
- Growth in use, both historical and extrapolated projections
- Feedback from end users as to their experience.